- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Frittata Recipe
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Chopped zucchini||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fat free chicken broth||4 Tablespoon (Health Valley)|
|Firm tofu||4 Ounce, drained|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Crushed dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crushed dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked brown rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 412.7 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 33 g66.9%
Vitamin A 33.4% Vitamin C 64.2%
Calcium 34.8% Iron 25.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 9- or 10-inch non-stick frying pan and heat 2-4 tablespoons broth in it.
2) Cook onion, garlic, zucchini and tomato for 10-15 minutes in it until all vegetables become tender.
3) In a blender or food processor, puree tofu with egg whites, honey, pepper, basil and oregano.
4) In a skillet, layer the vegetables evenly and then top with tofu mixture.
5) Cook, covered for 1-2 minutes over low heat until it is partially done.
6) Mix in cooked brown rice and cook, covered for about 12 minutes until the mixture is completely done and nicely puffed.
7) Slice into wedges and serve at once, garnished with paprika.