- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Parmesan Recipe Video
|Eggplant||2 Medium, thickly sliced|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||4 , beaten|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Marinara pizza sauce||32 Ounce|
|Grated mozzarella||12 Ounce|
|Grated pecorino romano||12 Ounce|
|Basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Italian seasoning||To Taste|
Calories 978 Calories from Fat 626
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104%
Saturated Fat 26.9 g134.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 273.1 mg
Sodium 2865.6 mg119.4%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.6%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 48 g95.9%
Vitamin A 37.8% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 110% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to desired temperature.
2. Beat the eggs along with water.
3. Cover a baking sheet with paper towel.
4. Season both sides of each eggplant slice with salt and pepper.
5. Dip each slice in flour, then in egg and finally in the bread crumb, arrange on a baking sheet.
6. In a skillet, heat oil on medium heat, fry the eggplant slices from both sides, until they turn light golden brown. Transfer to the baking sheet covered with paper towel.
7. On the base of a baking dish, spread marinara sauce, arrange the eggplant slices. Spread some more marinara sauce, sprinkle mozzarella cheese and Romano cheese. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, sprinkle basil leaves. Repeat the process to make several layers. Crumble butter all over the dish.
8. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
9. Serve hot with your favorite beverage.