- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Cream Cake Recipe
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 , separated|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Canned flaked coconut||4 Ounce (1 Can, Angel)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 Pound (1 Package)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped or ground|
Calories 820 Calories from Fat 406
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.2%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73.1%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 108.9 mg
Sodium 275.5 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 72.3 g
Protein 9 g18.6%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 0.63%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2) In a bowl, combine soda and buttermilk. Let stand for a few minutes.
3) In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
4) To this, cream sugar, oleo and shortening.
5) Gradually add egg yolks, beating well after each addition.
6) To this creamy mixture, alternately add buttermilk with flour.
7) Stir in vanilla and then fold in egg whites.
8) Add pecans and coconut, stirring gently.
9) Into 3 greased and floured layer pans (9 inches), pour this batter.
10) Bake for 25 minutes, or until the cake is done to the required consistency.
11) Cool thoroughly.
12) In a bowl, combine cream cheese and oleo and mix well.
13) To this, add vanilla and slowly stir in sugar.
14) Beat till the icing reaches the required consistency for spreading and then add chopped pecans.
15) Frost the cooled cake with the prepared icing and serve as required.