- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Clams Recipe Video
|Fresh clams||1 Pound, washed|
|Bacon slices||2 , chop|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|White onion||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Basil vinaigrette dressing||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Pinch|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Canned tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 0.81 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.5 mg
Sodium 330 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 31.9% Vitamin C 63.6%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 124.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedPan
1. Cut bacon in small pieces and heat in a pan to render out some of the fat.
2. Add minced garlic to bacon and add minced white onions and stir. Add a little extra virgin olive oil.
3. Put in the clams inside the pan of bacon. Add basil vinaigrette and add fresh home canned tomato.
4. Add half of the chopped parsley and some kosher salt, black pepper and add Italian seasoning.
5. Add some more tomato water if needed.
6. Cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until the clams crack open.
7. Place the clams and bacon along with the juice in a plate.
8. Garnish the dish with some freshly chopped parsley.
9. Serve with some crunchy bread.