- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Chicken And Vegetable Salad Recipe
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound|
|For poaching liquid|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Rotelle pasta||1⁄2 Pound (Spinach, Tomato, And Egg Combination)|
|Cubed zucchini||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), seeded, peeled, and diced tomatoes|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly chopped|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
Calories 778 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.8%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 163.2 mg
Sodium 825.6 mg34.4%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.4%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 63 g126.5%
Vitamin A 42.9% Vitamin C 48.1%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 40%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Poach the chicken breasts in poaching liquid for 10 minutes
2. Or else, cook the chicken breasts until the pink color is gone throughout.
3. The breasts will be firm when pressed with the back of a fork.
4. Let cool to room temperature in the liquid. Remove and discard the skin and bones.
5. Shred the chicken and set aside.
6. In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the pasta al dente.
7. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pasta, zucchini, tomatoes, and celery.
8. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
9. Fold into the chicken mixture, sprinkle on the parsley and pine nuts, and mix again.
10 Chill for 2 hours before serving.
11. Serve chilled and pass the pepper mill when serving.