- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Fat Microwaved Italian Chicken Recipe
|Chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound, boned, skinned and halved|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced separated into rings|
|Canned chicken consomme||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 131.5 mg
Sodium 435.1 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.8%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 56 g111.8%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 17.2%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove skin from chicken breast.
2. Chop chicken breasts into quarters.
3. Preheat browning dish on High for 7 minutes.
4. In a browning dish, take oil, garlic and keep chicken pieces with the meaty side down.
5. Cook on Medium for 3 minutes.
6. Turn over the chicken pieces to cook the other side.
7. Cook on Medium for another 3 minutes.
8. Take out the chicken from dish and keep aside.
9. To the same baking dish, add onions and consommé'.
10. Cook on High for 3 minutes.
11. Return the chicken back into the dish and cover it.
12. Cook on Medium for another 15 minutes.
13. Finally add mushrooms and cover.
14. Cook on Medium for the last 5 minutes.
15. Serve hot.