- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Chicken Recipe
|Chicken||2 Kilogram (With Skin)|
|Green bell peppers||2 Medium|
|Red bell pepper||2 Medium|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), finely chopped|
|White wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 643 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.8%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.2 mg
Sodium 687.2 mg28.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 53 g105.3%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 123.8%
Calcium 6% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash chicken thoroughly, pat dry and joint into serving size pieces.
2. Wash and dry bell peppers.
3. Brush bell peppers with 2 tsp oil.
4. Roast bell peppers over a high flame until well charred, holding them with a long-handled fork.
5. Put them in a paper bag, seal tightly and stand for about 15 minutes.
6. When cooled, peel off the charred skin.
7.Wipe clean with a kitchen towel.
8. Cut peppers lengthwise into quarters, discarding pith and seeds.
9. In a pan, heat 4 tbsp oil over moderate heat.
10. Add onion and garlic and fry till lightly browned.
11. Add chicken and saute till evenly browned.
12. Pour in wine and simmer till chicken is half cooked.
13. Add stock, salt and pepper and continue to simmer till tender, adding the bell peppers to pan about 15 minutes before chicken is cooked.
14. Serve the chicken in a casserole and accompany with tossed pasta salad.