- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Cheese Pie Recipe
|Italian ricotta cheese/Small curd cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pistachio nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Citron||1 Tablespoon, slivered|
|Chopped candied orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.3 mg
Sodium 151.2 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Take an 8 inch pie plate and using ½ of the pastry line it.
3. Mix all the other ingredients and transfer to a pastry shell.
4. Roll rest of the dough and make into strips. Place over the filling like a lattice.
5. Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or till brown.
6. Serve as such or cool and serve.