- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Bread Sticks Recipe Video
|Yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon, cooled|
|Water||22 Tablespoon (1 1/4 Cups Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 654 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.1%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg
Sodium 1442.2 mg60.1%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g31%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 16 g31.4%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a mixer container, add yeast, sugar and water and leave it for few minutes.
2) Slowly add white and whole wheat flour alternating each along with butter, salt and water in the mixer container.
3) Let the dough knead for about 8 minutes and then roll it into a 2 feet long log.
4) Cut the log into 8 portions and prepare small logs.
5) Brush some melted butter on the bread sticks and sprinkle some salt.
6) Bake them at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
7) Add some Italian seasoning in the melted butter and brush the bread sticks again.
8) Serve the Italian bread sticks with meal as a side.