- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Bread Pizza Recipe
|Italian bread loaf||1 Large|
|Shredded low salt monterey jack cheese||6 Ounce, divided (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Prepared no salt added, no sugar, no fat pasta sauce||16 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Dried italian seasoning||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Low salt ham||12 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Canned pineapple rings||20 Ounce, well drained (1 Can)|
|Green pepper rings||8 (Thin Variety)|
|Red pepper rings||8 (Thin Variety)|
Calories 574 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.3 mg
Sodium 1785 mg74.4%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.6%
Sugars 30 g
Protein 25 g49.4%
Vitamin A 111.9% Vitamin C 389.5%
Calcium 13% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slicing bread lengthwise in half toast cut sides under broiler such that lightly browned.
2. Over each half sprinkling 1/4 cup of the cheese, broil again about 1 to 2 minutes or such that cheese is melted.
3. In small saucepan combine pasta sauce and seasoning and let it cook over medium heat such that hot.
4. Over bread halves spoon sauce evenly, topping evenly with ham and pineapple rings.
5. Alternately on top place green and red pepper rings.
6. Place over baking sheet sprinkling each half with 1/2 cup of remaining cheese.
7. Let it broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source about 4 to 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
8. Take each half and cut into 6 pieces.
9. Garnish with parsley, if desired.