- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Biscuits Recipe Video
|Cake flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.5%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.2 mg30.4%
Sodium 34.5 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 0.9%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 0.98%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare a greased pan and keep it aside until needed.
2. Preheat the oven at 350F 10 minutes before the cookies would come out if the fridge.
3. In a stand mixer bowl combine butter and lemon zest and start mixing until the butter is soft and creamy.
4. Add the sifted powdered sugar run blend, until the resulting mixture is foamy, once the butter and sugar are stiff peaks, scrape out any sugar if stuck on the side of the bowl and start adding the beaten eggs one at a time, ensure the eggs are at room temperature.
5. Blend all ingredients for few minutes and when you are about to stop the mixer add a pinch of salt and blend for 1 minute.
6. Once done fold in the sifted flour in the mixture and mix well, then fill the mixture in a pastry bag with a medium star-shaped nozzle.
7. Pipe the batter in your choice of any shape onto the greased pan. And then decorate your biscuits with candied or dried fruit. You can use a cookie press for a better effect.
8. Once done chill the cookies for at least 60 minutes, and then you can bake it in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, occasionally checking for the right color.
9. Serve the crumbly cookies with tea, coffee, hot chocolate.