- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
|Boneless beef||4 Pound, trimmed (1 piece)|
|Dried basil||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry onion soup mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 envelope)|
|Italian rolls/Sandwich buns||12|
Calories 906 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.5%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.5 mg
Sodium 1256.8 mg52.4%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 59 g117.5%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 49.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a slow cooker keep the roast.
2. In a small bowl mix basil, oregano and water.
3. Pour the mixture over roast.
4. Sprinkle soup mix over it.
5. Cover and simmer for 7-8 hours until meat is cooked.
6. Drain out the meat into a plate.
7. Shred meat with a fork and keep in a warm place.
8. Strain the broth and scum the fat from the surface.
9. Serve meat on rolls.
10. Pass the broth as a dip.