- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Bean Soup Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Leek||1 , washed and chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Green beans||3 Ounce, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces (75 Grams)|
|Canned cannellini beans||410 Gram, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Small pasta||3 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Vegetable stock||1 3⁄4 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Shredded basil||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1181 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2082 mg86.7%
Total Carbohydrates 211 g70.3%
Dietary Fiber 46.9 g187.4%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 54 g108.7%
Vitamin A 137.4% Vitamin C 106.3%
Calcium 52.2% Iron 114.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stir in the green beans and the cannellini beans. Sprinkle in the pasta and pour in the stock.
3. Bring the stock mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
4. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the pasta is cooked to al dente. Stir occasionally.
5. In a heavy-based frying pan, dry-fry the tomatoes over a high heat until they soften and the skins begin to blacken.
6. Gently crush the tomatoes in the pan with the back of a spoon and add to the soup.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the shredded basil and serve immediately.