- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Fresh Green Bean Salad Recipe
|Fresh green beans||3⁄4 Pound|
|Lettuce leaves||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|For garlic dressing|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
Calories 485 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.9%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 223 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.9%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 62.5% Vitamin C 82%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, bring water to boil over moderate heat.
2. Add salt and beans and cook them until tender but crisp to bite.
3. In the meantime, in a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing and whisk with a fork until amalgamated.
4. When cooked, drain beans in a colander and refresh immediately under tap water to arrest further cooking and to retain color. Drain again.
5. Tip beans into a bowl.
6. Pour the dressing over the warm beans and toss to coat.
7. Line a serving bowl or platter with lettuce
8. Heap the garlic dressed green beans on top.
9. Sprinkle with parsley and serve while warm.