- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Anise Crescents Recipe
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Anise seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 502 Calories from Fat 237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 82.2 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.88%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Add nuts and anise to sifted flour, confectioners-€™ sugar, and salt.
3. Mix in oil with vanilla and cognac and knead to prepare a dough.
4. Make dough into pieces. Place the pieces between the palms and roll into ¾ inch thick, 2 inch long rolls.
5. Arrange on the cookie sheet, joining the ends to shape into crescents, and bake for 20 minutes or until they turn pale brown.
6. Transfer to a cake rack and allow to cool.
7. Serve the Italian Anise Crescents sprinkled with powdered sugar.