- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Island Roast Pork Recipe
|Pork loins||12 Pound (Two 6 Pound Pieces)|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated ginger||3 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 145.1 mg
Sodium 526.1 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 0.34 g0.11%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.08%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 49 g97.1%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.27%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Get pork loins in advance from the market and tell your butcher to score the skin.
2. Preheat the oven at 500°F.
3. In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and oil.
4. Rub this mixture over pork. Cover and let it chill overnight.
5. Take a in a shallow roasting pan and place the pork in it. Let it roast in oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until skin starts to bubble and becomes crispy.
6. After that, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and roast for 2 additional hours. Never over cover the pork while roasting.
7. Take two large platters and serve the cooked pork with Baked Bananas and Glazed Sweet Potatoes.