- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Island Grilled Red Snapper Recipe
|Red snapper||8 Pound, cleaned (4 Small Fishes, 2 Lbs Each)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Required)|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Thyme sprigs||12 (8 Sprigs For Garnish)|
|Limes||4 , halved crosswise (For Garnish)|
Calories 897 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.9%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 335.7 mg
Sodium 798.9 mg33.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 178 g356.7%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 29.6%
Calcium 39.7% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prepare a grill with hot coals.
2) Rinse and pat dry the snappers with paper towels.
3) Brush the snappers on innner and outer surfaces with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4) Place 3 sprigs of thyme inside each fish and secure with small metal skewers.
5) Brush the grill rack with oil and place the fish on the rack 4 inches from the coals.
6) Grill the fish for 4 to 6 minutes per side, turning once, until cooked.
7) Garnish with the fresh thyme sprigs and serve immediately with the lime halves and sauce chien, if desired.