- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ischl Tartlet Recipe
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (2 Sticks)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ground|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Raspberry preserves||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|10x confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 535 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.3%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.9 mg
Sodium 57.4 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.8%
Sugars 43 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat butter or margarine, cream cheese, sugar and egg in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add flour mixture, blending thoroughly. Stir in ground almonds and lemon rind. Turn dough out onto wax paper (mixture will be sticky). Shape into a ball. Chill several hours, or overnight.
4. Cut dough in half. (Refrigerate other half.) Roll out dough to a 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface, with a lightly floured rolling pin. With a 3-inch round cooky cutter, cut out as many circles from the dough as you can. Place circles on ungreased cooky sheets. Refrigerate scraps of dough for second rolling.
5. Repeat with other half of the dough, cutting out an equal number of 3-inch circles as from the first batch. Place on ungreased cooky sheets. With a 1/2-inch cooky cutter or thimble, cut out center of each of the second batch of circles. Use any scraps of dough for second rolling; cut out an equal number of solid circles, and circles with open centers.
6. Bake all in a moderate oven (350°) 8 minutes, or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Remove cooky sheets from oven; let stand 1 minute. Remove cookies with a wide spatula to wire racks. Cool.
7. Heat raspberry preserves in a small saucepan. Spread each of the solid cookies completely with a thin layer of hot preserves. Top each with cutout cooky; press together gently to make a "sandwich". Place on wire rack. Sprinkle tops of tartlets with 10X sugar. Spoon a dab of preserves into the opening of each cooky; let preserves set slightly. To keep cookies fresh, store between wax paper-lined layers in an airtight tin.