- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Irish Stew Recipe
|Lamb cubes||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Carrots||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and cut into cubes|
|Mushroom onion mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Browning sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 429 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.5 mg31.2%
Sodium 132.3 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.6%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 30 g60.6%
Vitamin A 102.2% Vitamin C 31.6%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a casserole dish, combine lamb, hot water, carrots, potatoes, onion mushroom mix and bay leaf. Mix well.
2) Cover the dish and cook on high power for 10 to 12 minutes.
3) Cook covered again on medium power for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until lamb and vegetables are soft. Stir as required.
4) Blend flour with cold water and browning sauce and add to the stew
5) Cook on high power for 5 to 6 minutes or until the stew thickens, stirring once.
6) Serve hot with mashed potatoes.