- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Potato And Buttermilk Irish Soda Bread Recipe
|Flour||250 Gram (2 Cups)|
|Self rising flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||2 , cooked and mashed|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), warmed|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.7%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52 mg
Sodium 678.4 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 26.3%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease the baking sheet and set aside.
3) In a bowl, sift together both the flours, soda and salt.
4) Add in sugar and mix well.
5) Rub the butter into the flour until mixture resembles fine sandy texture.
6) Add in the mashed potato and mix well.
7) In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg.
8) Make a well in the center and pour in buttermilk mixture.
9) Mix well to makes a dough, form into a round loaf and place on baking sheet.
10) Using a knife, mark bread into eight pieces, dust the top with a little flour.
11) Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
12) Remove and allow to cool before serving.
13) Slice and brush the loaf with melted butter while hot to make it soft.