- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Irish Soda Bread Recipe
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1798 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 10 g49.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.7 mg
Sodium 3245.6 mg135.2%
Total Carbohydrates 333 g111.1%
Dietary Fiber 21.5 g85.8%
Sugars 111.7 g
Protein 71 g141.7%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 14.9%
Calcium 65.1% Iron 104.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together, then add the raisins and caraway seeds, mix well.
3) In another bowl, blend the yogurt, egg and butter together. Stir into the dry ingredients and combine until just mixed.
4) Shape the dough into a disk about 6 inches across and about 2 1/2 inches thick, dust with more flour if needed.
5) On an ungreased baking sheet, place the dough and carve an X on the surface.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes, until golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped at the bottom.
7) Slice the bread and serve as desired.