- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mamma Hackett’s Irish Soda Bread Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yellow raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), well shaken|
|Melted butter||6 Tablespoon (Divided)|
Calories 465 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.1 mg
Sodium 582.9 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 26.2 g
Protein 11 g21.8%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients.
3) Starting with 3 ½ cups of flour. Add sugar,carraway seeds,baking powder,baking soda and salt. Wisk the dry ingredients together.
4) In a glass measuring cup place the buttermilk and crack 2 eggs into
5) Add 3 TBL of melted butter and wisk together with a fork. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir together until the mixture comes to a ball.
6) Place the mound of dough on your work surface and sprinkle extra flour to come to a smooth mound.
7) Place the mound of dough in your buttered casserole dish. Then brush the dough with melted butter and with your hand, make a cross on the mound of dough and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
8) Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes.
This video is a creation of chef-ellie-espo. You can visit chef-ellie-espo for complete recipes, and more videos.