- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Irish Soda Bread Recipe
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole green onions||5 , sliced thinly|
|Rosemary||1 Tablespoon (fresh)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2350 Calories from Fat 382
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.7%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 4576.2 mg190.7%
Total Carbohydrates 407 g135.8%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g71%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 73 g146.3%
Vitamin A 61.6% Vitamin C 51%
Calcium 129.1% Iron 155.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, green onions and rosemary.
3. With mixer on low, add egg and oil. Gradually add buttermilk and mix until blended.
4. Turn out onto a floured board and knead about 3 minutes, until smooth.
5. Shape the dough into 2 loaves approximately 3x6-inches (8x15-cm) and place far apart on an ungreased, floured baking sheet.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, until tester comes out clean.