- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Instant Pan Handvo - Savory Pan Cake - Gujarati Cuisine Recipe Video
|For the batter|
|Semolina||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chick pea flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon (Adjust to your taste)|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon (Adjust to your taste)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander and cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bottle gourd||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Citric acid/Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As required form the batter)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|For the seasoning|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||5 Medium|
|Sesame seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 485 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.1%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.7 mg1.2%
Sodium 458.8 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add semolina, chickpea flour, yogurt, ginger paste, green chili paste, oil, salt, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin powder and sugar.
2. Add the shredded bottle-gourd and mix well to form a thick batter.
3. Add citric acid. Stir well, gradually adding water a little at a time to get the right consistency for the batter.
4. Grease a pan well with about 4 tbsp of oil, heat it to a medium temperature. Meanwhile, add a tsp of baking soda into the prepared batter, mix well and set aside.
5. Into the heated oil, add mustard seeds, curry and sesame seeds.
6. Spread the batter as thin as possible and let it cook for about 15 minutes. Sprinkle some more sesame seeds on top.
7. Flip sides and cook the other side for another 15 minutes.
8. Serve warm with a hot cup of Indian tea.