- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Instant Cottage Cheese Recipe
|Low sodium low fat milk||4 1⁄8 Cup (66 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 574.8 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.98%
Sugars 50.1 g
Protein 34 g67.8%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 46.8%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 0.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, heat 1 quart milk lukewarm.
2) Remove the pan from heat.
3) Gradually add lemon juice.
4) Mix thoroughly and let stand, till the whey (liquid portion) separates from the curd completely.
5) With cheesecloth, line a colander.
6) Through the colander, strain the mixture well.
7) Squeeze the cheesecloth and take out remaining liquid, if any.
8) In a mixing bowl, place the curd.
9) To this, add 2 tablespoons of milk and fructose.
10) With a wire whisk, combine well.
11) Store in the refrigerator and use as required, in any dish of your choice..