- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ethiopian Flat Bread Recipe Video
|Self raising flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.6%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 802.3 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 11 g21%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 21.9% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, add self raising flour, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, active dry yeast and 2 cups of water.
2. Mix well till all combines and forms a smooth batter.
3. Set it aside to ferment for 24 hours to 3 days, depending upon how sour you want the bread.
4. Once fermented, take the batter and mix well.
5. In a blender pour the batter and few drops of water and whip well to get a thin smooth batter. Let it sit for another 20 minutes.
6. Take a non- stick pan and heat it on high till very hot.
7. Pour ½ cup of the batter in a circular motion into the pan.
8. Cook for 30 seconds, then reduce the heat and cover with lid. Continue cooking for another 45 seconds. Bubbles will appear all over the bread when ready.
9. Remove from heat and transfer it on a clean cloth and allow cooling for few minutes.
10. In a serving plate, roll it and serve it with any stew.