- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Inihaw na Isda - Filipino Grilled Fish Recipe Video
|Dorada/Tilapia fish||1 Large, cleaned (with scales)|
|Minced garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (To taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (To taste)|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.49%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2103.9 mg87.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 65 g130.1%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 42.4%
Calcium 6% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix tomatoes, onions, salt and pepper.
2. Fill the cleaned inside cavity of the fish with the above mixture.
3. With a needle and thread stitch up the fish belly.
4. Rub the fish with salt.
5. Place it on the grill and cook until it looks done and has attractive grill marks on it.
6. Squeeze in half a lemon on it and serve right away.
Don't forget the to tell the fish vendor NOT to remove the fish scales when they ask to clean it for you. Whole fish with its scales intact is easier to grill and your fish will not dry up. Don't worry if you char it, just don't burn it! Be careful when you stitch up the fish. You can use the regular hand sewing needle and thread. If you are not up for some stitching, you can hold it together with some sturdy toothpicks.