- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Infused Olive Oil Recipe: How to Infuse Oil (Homemade Citrus Oil and Asian Oil) Recipe Video
|Ginger and black bean oil:|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Jordan extra virgin olive oil)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Hawaiian ginger||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Chinese black beans||3 Tablespoon, mince|
|Green scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Star anise||2 , toasted|
|Meyer lemon leaves||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Meyer lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon thyme leaves||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Bergamot peel||1 Tablespoon, slice|
|Seville orange peel||1 Tablespoon, slice|
|Lemon grass||2 Tablespoon, slice|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Grapeseed oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4251 Calories from Fat 3966
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 438 g673.9%
Saturated Fat 36.7 g183.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 258.4 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.9 g71.6%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 11 g22.6%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 150%
Calcium 36.4% Iron 54.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needmicroplane zester
coffee filter or cheese cloth
1. For the Ginger and black bean oil: In a pan, bring the water to the 160 degrees Fahrenheit temperature.
2. In a ziplock bag, add the Hawaiian ginger, Chinese black beans, green scallions, star anise and Jordan extra virgin olive oil.
3. Force out as much air as possible out of the ziplock bag.
4. Add the ziplock bag into the pan of water. Maintain a temperature of 158 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 hours.
5. After 3 hours, pour the contents of the ziplock into a chinois strainer. Use a ladle to push the oil out of the ingredients.
6. Pour the oil into mason jars and store.
7. For the Citrus oil: Add the meyer lemon leaves, meyer lemon zest, lemon thyme zest, bergamot peel, seville orange peel, lemon grass, coriander seeds and grape seed oil into a ziplock bag.
8. In a pot, bring water to heat up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Place the ziplock in the pot and let it sit at the same temperature for 2 hours.
10. Once done, refrigerate for 12 hours before straining.
11. Pour the contents through a chinois strainer and break ingredients with a ladle to get all flavor.
12. Pour into mason jars and store for upto a week.
7. Use the oil within a week for making vinaigrettes or other dishes. You can also gift the mason jars.