- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe Video
|Hash brown potatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chicken broth||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||32 Ounce, shredded (2 (16 ounce) packages)|
|Sweet onion||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Sour cream||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (1 stick)|
|Corn flakes||2 Cup (32 tbs), crushed|
Calories 810 Calories from Fat 492
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.2%
Saturated Fat 32.1 g160.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.8 mg
Sodium 827.4 mg34.5%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 28 g55.8%
Vitamin A 32.9% Vitamin C 18.4%
Calcium 71.7% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a pot, melt the butter. Add the corn flakes and mix well. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add the hash brown, chicken broth, ½ of the cheddar cheese, onion and sour cream. Mix them well.
4. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, pour the mixture and spread evenly. Sprinkle the rest of the cheddar cheese. Spread butter cornflakes mixture on the top.
5. Cover the dish with a foil and bake it for around 1 hour or till the top part turns golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and let it sit for around 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
7. In a serving plate, serve this casserole with choice of main dish or as it is as snack.