- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Individual Lemon Souffles Recipe
|Eggs||1 Small, separated|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon, rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.63 g0.97%
Saturated Fat 0.2 g0.98%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.8 mg
Sodium 8.9 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.26%
Sugars 33.5 g
Protein 0.82 g1.6%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 0.69%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oven to 325° F (slow).
2. In a bowl beat egg yolks until foamy.
3. Slowly beat in sugar, then lemon rind and juice.
4. Add remaining sugar to egg whites and beat until stiff, but not dry.
5. Fold half the beaten whites thoroughly into yolk mixture.
6. Fold in remaining whites using 8 slow strokes.
7. Lightly butter and sugar individual molds.
8. Turn into 6 of them, filling three-quarters full and bake uncovered in 325° F oven for 35 minutes.
9. Serve at once with garnish as desired.