- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Chocolate Souffle Recipe Video
|Bittersweet chocolate||6 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioner's sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Dusting)|
Calories 849 Calories from Fat 357
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63%
Saturated Fat 23.7 g118.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 272.2 mg
Sodium 249 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 88.3 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.8% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Place a large baking pan in the center of the oven and fill with about an inch of boiling water to create a water bath.
3) In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and the butter or in the microwave for about 2 minutes on medium power. Stir until smooth and set aside to cool slightly.
4) In a small bowl, hisk the flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
5) Into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, crack the eggs and add vanilla extract.
6) Whisk on medium speed until foamy, then add the sugar and increase speed to medium high for about 2 minutes, until the mixture is pale and thickened.
7) Then whisk in the melted chocolate mixture and then gently fold in the dry ingredients by hand.
8) In four ungreased 1 cup ramekins, pour the batter and place the ramekins in the baking pan with the water not higher than a third of the way up the sides.
9) Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes until the tops of the souffles are slightly cracked and firm.
10) Remove ramekins from the water bath and cool for 5 minutes.
11) Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.