- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Individual Strawberry Or Plum Shortcakes Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||7 Tablespoon, firmly packed|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Skim milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Plums||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Can)|
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.2 mg
Sodium 228.9 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 18.6 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 425°F.
2) Make the biscuits: In a large bowl add the first five ingredients and whisk together.
3) Using a pastry blender or two forks, blend in butter till the mixture resembles coarse meal.
4) With a fork add the buttermilk till it forms dough.
5) On a floured board knead the dough six to eight times.
6) On a buttered baking sheet drop 8 mounds at a time.
7) Brush mounds with skim milk.
8) Sprinkle sugar on top and bake for 15 to 20 minutes till golden.
9) Transfer to a rack to cool.
10) Reserve shortcakes after cooking completely and wrapping tightly in plastic wrap.
11) Bake biscuits at warm oven at 300°F before serving. Make biscuits 8 hours ahead.
12) Split biscuits around the middle with a sharp knife.
13) Put at the center of eight dessert plates.
14) Top with one-eighth of macerated strawberries or poached plums and 2 to 3 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt.
15) Place the biscuit on top of the yogurt.