- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Individual Ham Quiches Recipe
|Basic short crust pastry dough flour||1⁄2 Pound|
|Shallot||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Cooked ham||4 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Grated gruyere cheese||3 Ounce|
|Single cream||6 Tablespoon|
|Snipped chives||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.7 mg33.6%
Sodium 95.9 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 15 g30.3%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Dust flour over the working table and roll out the dough.
3) Cut the rolled dough and use to line 20 deep patty moulds.
4) Bake in the oven without any filling for 15 minutes.
5) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© shallots for 5 minutes or until soft.
6) Stir in ham and remove the pan from the heat.
7) Spoon the shallot mixture equally in the bottom on pastry shells.
8) Dredge the shallot mixture with cheese.
9) In a bowl, mix together eggs, cream, chives and seasoning, fold well to mix.
10) Spread the egg mixture equally over the cheese.
11) Reduce the heat to 375°F and bake foe 20 minutes or until the filling is firm.
12) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the quiche until firm.
13) Remove, wrap the quiche individually in foil and pack in freezer bag.
14) Seal, label and return to freezer.
15) Serve hot with small mixed salad.
16) If using the frozen quiche, take off the wrapping and place quiche back the patty moulds.
17) Reheat from frozen in a preheated moderate for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
18) Serve as mentioned in step 15.