- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Individual Fruit Puddings Recipe
|Enriched all purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Dark seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into pieces|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4846 Calories from Fat 932
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g165.4%
Saturated Fat 26.3 g131.7%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 243.7 mg
Sodium 2269.3 mg94.6%
Total Carbohydrates 946 g315.2%
Dietary Fiber 37.1 g148.5%
Sugars 575.9 g
Protein 63 g126.2%
Vitamin A 37.4% Vitamin C 452.6%
Calcium 65.3% Iron 144.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel oranges; slice into cartwheels, and cut into pieces; reserve juice as it collects.
3. Blend flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Set aside.
4. Beat shortening; add brown sugar gradually, beating until fluffy. Add egg and beat thoroughly.
5. Mix in the orange pieces, reserved juice, raisins, dates, and walnuts. Blend in the dry ingredients.
6. Fill custard cups about two-thirds full with mixture; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Set in a pan and fill pan with water to a 1-inch depth. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
7. Cook in a 325°F oven 2 hours.
8. For Orange Sauce, mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Add orange juice and water gradually, stirring constantly. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly until thickened; cook over low heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Remove from heat. Blend in orange peel and butter. Keep warm.
10. Unmold puddings while hot onto dessert plates and spoon sauce over each.