- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Individual Frozen Souffles Recipe
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1564 Calories from Fat 1037
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 117 g179.4%
Saturated Fat 59.3 g296.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1507.9 mg
Sodium 2648.5 mg110.4%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 91 g182.3%
Vitamin A 85.3% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 164.2% Iron 39.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Take a heavy saucepan and melt butter in it over low heat.
3) Mix in flour, salt, pepper, and mustard and cook for 1 minute.
4) Add milk slowly to this and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thickened.
5) Sprinkle cheese, stirring till it gets melted.
6) Cool slightly after removing the sauce from heat.
7) Whip egg yolks till they become thick and lemon colored.
8) First add and mix a bit of cheese sauce with the beaten yolks and then add this mixture into remaining cheese mixture and stir.
9) Whip egg whites until they form stiff peaks but not dry and mix into cheese mixture.
10) Take 6 buttered 1-cup souffle dishes and pour the mixture into it.
11) Freeze after covering it with a plastic wrap.
12) Arrange the frozen souffles on baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes till the souffles are lightly browned.
13) Serve warm.