- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Individual Cheesy Apple Crisps Recipe
|Cheddar cheese slice||3|
|Apples||4 Medium, peeled and sliced for 4 cups|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Old fashioned oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.7%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.6 mg
Sodium 36.8 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375Â°F.
2) Using holiday-shaped cookie cutters, cut 2 shapes from each cheese slice.
3) Cover them and keep in fridge.
4) Chop remaining cheese scraps and set aside.
5) In large bowl, combine apples, granulated sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice to and toss well to coat apple slices.
6) In medium bowl, combine flour, oats and brown sugar and mix well.
7) Using pastry blender or fork, mix butter until mixture is consistency of coarse crumbs.
8) Spoon apple mixture into each of 6 ungreased 6-ounce custard cups.
9) Top with chopped cheese; sprinkle with crumb mixture.
10) Place cups in 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan.
11) Bake 18 to 25 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
12) Top each with cheese cutout; bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until cheese begins to melt.
13) Serve cheesy apple crisps as dessert