- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Individual Brioches Recipe
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (At 105 To 115 F)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.1 mg40.4%
Sodium 150.6 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.97 g3.9%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 0.67%
Calcium 2% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Ensure that the water is not too hot with a water thermometer and then sprinkle the dried yeast in the water. Stir till dissolved with an electric mixer
2. Add the sugar, salt, butter, 6 eggs and 3 cups flour and beat everything at medium speed with the same electric beater.
3. Add the rest of the flour and beat well to form soft dough.
4. Tip the dough into a bowl, cover with waxed paper and a damp towel and let the dough rise in a warm place at 85F for one hour
5. Preheat the oven to 375F
6. Grease a 3-inch muffin pan and its cups
7. Punch down the dough with a wooden spoon as the dough will be soft. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut it into half.
8. Return half of the dough to the same bowl and chill till required. With the rest of the dough, shape three-fourths of the dough into an 8-inch roll and then cut into eight pieces. Shape each piece into a ball.
9. Place the mix into a prepared muffin cup
10. Divide the rest of the dough into eight parts and shape into balls.
11. Press the center of the ball with your finger to form an indentation and fill it with the small ball.
12. Cover the dough ball with the towel and let it rise in a warm place 85F free from drafts and let it rise for one hour
13. Shape the refrigerated dough and let it rise in the same way.
14. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes till golden
15. Serve at room temperature or cooled down.