- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Individual Brandy Souffles with Strawberry Sauce Recipe
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Honey||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chilled|
|Brandy extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For strawberry sauce|
|Unsweetened frozen strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed and drained with juice reserved|
|Strawberry jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 77 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.05 g0.08%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.01%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.4 mg
Sodium 45.3 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.69 g2.8%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 2 g5%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In eight 8-ounce ovenproof dishes, spray with a vegetable spray.
3) In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy.
4) Beat in the cream of tartar, 2 tablespoons honey and vanilla extract then beat until stiff peaks form.
5) In a large bowl, beat the chilled evaporated skim milk until frothy.
6) Then beat in rest of the honey and brandy extract until soft peaks form.
7) Fold beaten whites into the beaten milk mixture.
8) In the prepared dishes, spoon the mixture and bake on bottom shelf of the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until well risen and lightly browned.
9) Strawberry Sauce: In a small saucepan, place the strawberries .
10) In a bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup reserved juice and stir into the strawberries along with the jelly.
11) Bring to a boil, stir constantly and cook, until thickened.
12) Remove from heat, strain the sauce and allow to cool.
13) Spoon 2 tablespoons of Strawberry Sauce on each Brandy Souffle and serve immediately.