- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Individual Almond Cream Tarts Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cold butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), diced|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling||3 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned mandarin orange sections||11 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Kiwifruit||1 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Seedless green grapes||1⁄4 Pound|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1 , grated|
|Apple jelly||6 Ounce (Half Of 12 Ounce Jar)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4682 Calories from Fat 2308
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 263 g404.3%
Saturated Fat 160 g800%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1130.8 mg
Sodium 3120 mg130%
Total Carbohydrates 520 g173.2%
Dietary Fiber 26.9 g107.5%
Sugars 217.5 g
Protein 80 g159.2%
Vitamin A 169.8% Vitamin C 319.6%
Calcium 117.8% Iron 138.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. On well-floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll pastry 1/8 inch thick. With floured 4 1/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 20 pastry circles, rerolling trimmings if necessary. Gently press each circle onto bottom and up side of 3-inch fluted tart pan (or use twenty-four 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups, and cut circles with a 3 1/2-inch round cookie cutter). With fork, prick pastry in many places. Arrange tart pans in 2 jelly-roll pans for easy handling. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until pastry is lightly browned.
3. In cup, beat egg whites until frothy. Quickly brush hot tart shells with beaten egg whites. Cool tart shells in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. With knife, gently loosen tart shells from sides of pans; remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks, about 20 minutes.
4. When tart shells are cool, prepare cream filling: Prepare 2 packages of instant pudding mix as label directs, but prepare both packages together and use a total of only 2'/2 cups milk. With rubber spatula, fold whipped cream and almond extract into pudding.
5. Spoon filling into tart shells. Decorate some filled tart shells with mandarin-orange sections, some with kiwifruit, some with strawberries, some with grapes, and some with chocolate.
6. Prepare glaze: In small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat apple jelly with water, stirring often, until jelly melts and mixture is smooth; brush over fruit. Let glaze dry, about 10 minutes. Cover tarts and refrigerate.