- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
INDIAN SWEET Recipe
|Cornflour/Gram flour||55 Gram|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (hot)|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1264 Calories from Fat 884
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g154.8%
Saturated Fat 58.7 g293.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 252.3 mg
Sodium 5.3 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.7%
Sugars 56.6 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.42%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
• Beat curd and add to the flour mixture. Mix thoroughly.
• Pour the hot oil into the mixture and blend well. Add enough warm water to make a smooth batter of pouring consistency.
• Set aside for 24-hours to ferment. Add colour to the fermented batter.
• Mix sugar with water and make a syrup of 1 thread consistency. Add lime juice and strain., Keep it warm.
• Make a hole in center of a thick piece of cloth from which the batter can pass through.
• Heat ghee or oil in a kadhai. Press the batter directly into the hot ghee in spirals.
• Fry at low heat till crispand golden.
• Drain and immediately immerse in the warm syrup for about a minute. Then remove with a skewer resting against the ream for a few seconds.
• Serve hot.