- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indian Style Curried Turkey Recipe
|Yams||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Fat free chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Turkey breast||1 Pound|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fruit juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweetened apricot preserves||2 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Diced dried apricots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Frozen green peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1668 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g46.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 294.9 mg
Sodium 1594 mg66.4%
Total Carbohydrates 225 g74.9%
Dietary Fiber 31.5 g125.9%
Sugars 91 g
Protein 120 g240.1%
Vitamin A 65% Vitamin C 223.5%
Calcium 35.5% Iron 93.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In large skillet, combine onion, celery and garlic with 2 tablespoons chicken broth.
3. Saute, stirring frequently, 3-5 minutes, until onions begin to color and liquid evaporates.
4. Add turkey and stir-fry for 5 minutes longer or until turkey is no longer pink.
5. In a medium bowl mix seasonings, lemon juice, yams, apricot preserves, raisins, apricots and remaining broth.
6. Add to skillet and bring to simmer.
7. Cover and reduce heat to low.
8. Cook for 35 minutes.
9. Stir in peas.
10. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or longer before serving.