- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indian Tricolor Republic Day Delight Recipe
|Curd||1 Cup (16 tbs), beaten (1/2 cup for the green spread and 1/2 cup for the orange spread)|
|Green chilies||4 Medium, chopped finely|
|Ginger||1 Small, grated|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (1/2 cup for the green spread and 1/2 cup for the orange spread)|
|Bread slices||6 , toasted|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Corriander leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Potato chips||1 Packet (Optional)|
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.1%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.4 mg
Sodium 318 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 60.8% Vitamin C 51.9%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take two bowls and divide the curd equally into each of the two bowls. Divide the chopped green chilies and the grated ginger into the two bowls equally. Mix well with the beaten curd.
2. In a blender combine one 1/2 cup of curd with 1/2 cup of the grated coconut and the chopped corriander leaves. Add salt to taste and blend well. Transfer the prepared green corriander spread into a bowl.
3. Next blend the second 1/2 cup of curd with the other 1/2 cup of grated coconut and the grated carrots. Add salt to taste and blend. Transfer the prepared orange carrot spread into a bowl.
4. Spread butter on three slices of bread. Apply the corriander spread on two slices of bread, close them to form a sandwich. Now smear some butter over the top of one slice and spread the carrot spread over it and close with the third slice of bread.
5. Serve fresh with some potato chips.