- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tandoori chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken pieces||3 Medium (Chicken legs and thighs used)|
|For the seasoning|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger and garlic paste||1 Tablespoon, freshly ground|
|For the marinade|
|Thick yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tandoori masala||3 Teaspoon (Homemade tandoori masala used)|
|Red food color||3 Drop|
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.8 mg
Sodium 1111.8 mg46.3%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 35 g70.7%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 6.7%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the meat pieces for penetration of the spices by scoring them as shown in the video.
2. Coat the chicken pieces with turmeric powder, wash and rinse well.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add ginger and garlic paste and rub into the meat pieces.Set aside
5. In a small bowl, combine together thick yogurt, tandoori masala, salt and red food color. Mix well and pour the marinade over the meat pieces to coat each piece well.
6. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
8. Place the marinated chicken pieces in the foil lined baking sheet and cook on broil for about 30 - 40 minutes.
9. Serve with your choice of a freshly cut salad and lime wedges.