- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indian Style Rabbit Recipe
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nonfat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop|
|Rabbit||2 1⁄2 Pound (Fresh / Frozen, Thawed)|
|Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 184.2 mg
Sodium 230 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g3.9%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 51 g102.3%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 44.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add Seasoning Mix with yogurt, lemon juice and food coloring. Combine thoroughly.
2) Cut rabbit into serving pieces. Make several slits on the surface.
3) Place into yogurt mixture and coat evenly.
4) Cover with a lid and place into refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
5) In a large skillet, add oil to heat.
6) Add rabbit pieces and brown well on both sides.
7) Pour in water, cover pan, reduce heat and cook 20 minutes or until tender.
8) Serve hot on rice.