- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indian Spiced Spinach and Potato Palak Aloo Recipe Video
|Spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm), washed and chopped|
|Golden potatoes||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium|
|Thai green chili||1 Medium, diced|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1051 mg43.8%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 109.3% Vitamin C 87.9%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 34.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan heat oil at medium high and saute potatoes, stir every minute until cooked half way.
2. Add garlic and chilies and saute for 45 seconds.
3. Add dry spices (you can add extra oil in the center and cook cumin seeds for a few seconds before adding other spices).
4. Mix potatoes and spices, add spinach, mix, cover and let cook for 3-5 minutes.
5. Mix, cover and cook for additional 3-5 minutes.
6. Cook for additional time if desired, or serve with roti (flat bread) and enjoy!