- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prasadacha Sheera (Banana Sheera / Sooji Halwa with Banana) Recipe Video
|For roasting the semolina|
|Semolina||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fine variety of Rawa / Sooji)|
|Melted ghee||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Hot milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tulsi||6 Small (5 - 6 tulsi leaves used) (Optional)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|For the banana and nuts mixture|
|Assorted nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Cashew nuts, almonds and golden raisins used as needed)|
|Ripe banana||1 Medium, sliced|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.2%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.9 mg
Sodium 89 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 35.8 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heated sauce pan, mix the melted ghee and semolina. Continue stirring over medium-high heat until golden in color.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat with ghee, to this add cashew nuts and chopped almonds. Roast them slightly until light golden in color.
3. Add some raisins, roast for a minute until puffed.
4. Add the banana slices, stir until banana slices are caramelized. Once done, turn off the heat.
5. Once the semolina is roasted well, lower down the heat and gradually add hot milk. Stir, cover and let cook for about 3 minutes.
6. After about 3 minutes, uncover and add the sugar.
7. Stir to dissolve in the sugar well. Then, add the prepared banana mixture.
8. Add tulsi leaves (if using), mix to combine well.
9. Add a little cardamom powder, mix well. Cover and continue to cook for about 4 - 5 minutes.
10. Serve hot as a dessert or as a breakfast meal.
For added flavor, you may add nutmeg powder while cooking the banana pieces.
For added richness, add 1/4 cup more ghee while roasting the semolina / sooji.