- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indian Rice Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
|Saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
|Currants/Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg13.4%
Sodium 1225.7 mg51.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 3 g7%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, saute the rice and onion in half the butter, until browned.
2) Remove and crush the cardamom seeds from pod and discard the outer pod.
3) Stir the crushed cardamom seeds into the rice along with bay leaf and saffron.
4) Then stir in the spices along with rest of the butter and other ingredients.
5) Cover and cook over a low heat for 25 to 30 minutes.
6) Serve the Indian Rice with pork or chicken or any other meat.