- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Masala Pav Recipe Video
|For the masala|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Pav bhaji masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (1 -2 tbsp as required)|
|Tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Degi mirch||1 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|For the garnish|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the pav|
|Pav||1 , halved|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (As required to spread on the masala pav)|
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.4%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.6 mg
Sodium 852.3 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 41.7% Vitamin C 36.1%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heated wide and deep pan or skillet, melt butter, add finely chopped onions and saute until tender.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Cook for about a minute.
3. Add pav bhaji masala with a little water and mix well. Cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Add finely chopped tomatoes, red chili powder and cook until tomatoes become tender.
5. Add the chopped green bell pepper and water, if required.
6. Add salt to taste and mix well. Cook until the green pepper is tender.
7. Garnish with a tbsp of butter and finely chopped coriander leaves.
8. Take a pav, slice into two halves, spread butter on one side of each half and the prepared masala on the other side. (You may also add a dash of butter to the masala spread side before flipping the sides)
9. On a heated pan, roast the masala pav, flipping sides.
10. Serve warm garnished with finely chopped onions and tomatoes, if desired.