- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jowar Khichu Recipe Video
|Jowar flour/Millet flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs), beaten|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Garlic/Lehsun||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Clarified butter||2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Oil||3 Tablespoon, divided (for the jowar mixture and tempering)|
|Whole dry red chilies||2 Medium (for tempering)|
|Curry leaves||5 Medium (for tempering)|
|Asafoetida||1 Pinch (for tempering)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon (for tempering)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon (for tempering)|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14 mg
Sodium 63.9 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 7 g13.9%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl mix jowar or millet flour, yogurt and water.
2. Then add and mix ginger-green chili paste, garlic, turmeric powder and salt.
3. Add 1 tablespoon ghee into it and mix well.
4. In a kadai or heavy bottomed pan, heat up 1 tablespoon oil on medium eat and carefully stir adding the mixture.
5. Stir continuously to bring in thick consistency and let it cook with cover on low heat.
6. In a tempering pot heat a tablespoon of oil and add 2 red whole chilies and pop mustard seeds.
7. Then add asafoetida, curry leaves and sesame seeds and sprinkle over the kichu retaining a little in the tempering pot.
8. Take a bowl, coat with little ghee and pour the kichu mixture into it.
9. Let it cool down and then de-mold onto a serving plate.
10. Garnish with the tempering and serve.