- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Vegetable Pot Pie Recipe Video
|Frozen vegan whole grain pie shells||2|
|Vegetable broth/Creamy veggie soup||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Herbs de provence||1 Teaspoon|
|Sage||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Safflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Potato||2 , cubed|
|Carrot||3 Medium, sliced|
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mushroom||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Zucchini||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Green bean||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen spinach||5 Ounce|
|Vegan cheese||160 Gram (Plant-based, casein-free "cheeze," grated or sliced, for two layers)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 332.4 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 4 g9%
Vitamin A 97.9% Vitamin C 29.9%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Thaw the pie shells or make a double pie crust. If making from scratch, line a 9-inch pie pan with one crust. Prick the bottom pie crust and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, chop the veggies. Keep the spinach for later.
4. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Sauté the carrots and potatoes until they begin to soften, then add the softer vegetables. Continue to sauté until everything is about 3/4 cooked. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water if the vegetables stick and the optional white wine. Season with salt and pepper .
5. Thaw the spinach and squeeze out all of the water. Coarsely chop and set aside.
6. Warm the vegetable stock or soup in a sauce pan. Add the spices. When it's warm, pour over the vegetables until they are coated.
7. Layer 1/2 of the "cheeze" on bottom of lower crust. Spoon in the veggie mixture and add spinach on top. Add the rest of "cheeze" on top. Top with the second thawed pie shell or roll out the rest of the pie dough and top the pie. Seal the edges and cut a few crosses in the top crust so that the steam can escape.
8. Place the pie on top of a baking sheet and bake for about 45 min, or until the crust is golden brown and delicious "cheeze" and sauce oozes out.
9. Serve hot.